smiles

hello Hallur....

B|
I have been searching for pics of Iceland and found some,...even a slide show of Reykjavik.
Land of ice, fire and occasional sunshine has phenomenal beauty!!
http://www.eas.ualberta.ca/elj/icepics/reyk.htm
Your city has such colorful homes, never seen corrugated iron roofs, or turf built churches and homes- so many gorgeous churches! How high is steeple at top of Hallgrims? Landscape, glaciers, statues...unreal, puffins, horses........
Wanted to ask you about skydiving there, your d.z. and your jumps??
Attached some favorites so far of pics...
what is the sculpture hrafna floki?

Smiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

icelandchurch.jpg

reykjavik.jpg

hrafna-floki.jpg

Hey Brian you could come to our next boogie, we rent a Antonov 28 in the summer for our boogie and its allways been great, exept maybe for one year when it was like we were scuba-diving instead of sky-diving(it rained allot);)

When I stop skydiving is the day that I die!!! Hallur

hi Smiles, We have a little group of around 25-40 aktive jumpers here in Iceland, but the last two years have been kinda slow, I just move back home from Denmark so im doing all I can to help our club getting out of the financial problems we are in. The reason is that the new people that took over the manegment did a terrible job and the club went from easy street to the stress we have to day. Its maybe not as bad as I make it sound but its sure no fun being afraid of if the club is going to survive.
Its probably some different jumping in Iceland then many other places, we have Cesna-206 jumpplane but we dont have any dropzone that we can call our own, but instead we have veriety of places to jump at, most of the time we jump weekdays at a small airport called Sandskeid wich is only a 15 min. drive east from Reykjavik(capital) were the Glider pilots have thier place and they let us use it as we want but there is no facilities we can use only a corner beside the landingstrip were we can land and pack our chutes, and theres also a 850 foot high mountain standing beside the airport, and thats o.k. if the wind isnt blowing from south-east, there are some serrious turbolence that can come of that thing. We also jump at Hella in weekends and there we have a nice big house with toilets,kitcen, sofas and tables and there a big hanger we use if theres alot of people. Thats a very good place to jump at, when you jump you can see glaciers, mountains and the famous Vestman-islands.Hella is nice and it takes about 2 hours to drive to Hella from Reykjavik. The good thing about all of this that if the weather is bad at Sandskeid we can just make the pilot throw us out over Mosfellsbaer wich is a town North of Reykjavik(15 min drive) and they have a small private airport were we are allowed to be if we dont have any other place to jump, and its just amaxingly beutifull there, to the north of it you have a 3000 foot mountain maybe 5-7 kilometers from the airport so when your about to pull you suddenly have this feeling that the mountain is near you, to the west you have atlantic ocean where its tying to reach the landing strip. To the west it goes up hill and becomes higher and higher over sealevel the higher you look where it then end in smaill mountains and lava. And finelly to the south you have Reykjavik. We also jump at Selfoss wich is a 30 min. drive from Reykjavik to the east, there we have to watch out for the freezing cold water of the glacier river called Ölfusá, infamous for taking peoples lives when they fall in it. The water is like light green-white and has a very stong current.
On sunny days it is amazing how far you can see over the country when in freefall because of the clear air. If you ever visit Iceland you will not regret it the nature is just wonderfull.:)

p.s. smiles if you want a postcard send me the address in my e-mail, im headding to florida in two weeks and Ill be there for a month, maybe I could take the postcard with me and send it from there, it takes weeks for mail to travel from here to the USA;)

When I stop skydiving is the day that I die!!! Hallur