Antithesis

Has anyone here been to Costa Rica?

And or Central America?? I Have the next month and a half off and have a travel itch. I'm thinking about heading south. Any suggestions? I heard that there's a DZ in Costa Rica somewhere there..Anyone been?

Thanks

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

I have been 4 times in the last 3 years. Going back again in June. Costa Rica is a GREAT Country. I did the zip Lines and hung out in the Hot Springs up near Arenal. Real cool just sitting in the Hot Springs drinking Imperials (Costa Rican Beer, not Bad) and watching the Valcano Blow smoke and ash every once in a while. Then head to Jaco for some surfing. If you get stuck in San Jose make sure to stop by the Blue Marlin. a Very Freindly Place.
I never had a chance to check out the Dropzone there.
Pura Vida

I was there a few years ago at the end of March. Rented a car (be warned about the scams with bald tires, broken radios and other problems -- try to get full insurance is you rent a car). We drove west to a dirt road up to Monteverde to see Quetzals (birds) and do the zip lines with the towers (very cool), then around the lake to Arenal. There were fields of potholes! So, get a Jeep Cherokee! Sitting in the hot spring resort is nice if the volcano isn't clouded over. I thought the waterfall hike was overrated -- bring water if you go and drive all the way to the entrance. We drove back by Volcan Poas (clouded over by the time we got there) and were supposed to go rafting from San Jose. (Couldn't wait to leave San Jose). My favorite part was Drake Bay/Osa in the southwest. We flew into a dirt landing strip, took a boat to the "resort," snorkled off a beach and swam up a river, next hiked in the rainforest (a bunch of Scarlet Macaws on the beach) and last went out to an Island (actually I went fishing instead). If you really want jungle, go to the ranger station in middle of the part, I think it's called Sirena. If you want bars and surfing, stay north.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

That zip lining sounds Awesome! did you catch any fish while you were there? How about the locals.. Any troubles? What about the night life. Ohhh is san jose' that bad. I'm thinking about staying with a family for a week there to study up on my spanish.

Thanks for your info bro

A week in San Jose should be more than enough time and still maintain sanity and not catch any diseases. I spent 6 months there a few years ago...I think that every experience in life has value...I'm still working on thinking of what exactly that was in this case... :-)

It really is a beautiful country, though...wish I had gotten to see more of it, but was busy with school.

Have a great time.

Steve
chopchop
gotta go... Plaything needs a spanking..

Lotsa Pictures

A week in San Jose should be more than enough time and still maintain sanity and not catch any diseases. Have a great time.

Steve thanks a ton. What exactly do you mean by diseases? STDs right?

Brian