Zeemax

headcorn to the rescue

yippeee :)
Went out to headcorn to give it a go. People have had different things to say about it, so i thought i'd make a jump and decide for myself what it was like.

rahhhh.. the guy who gave me the breifing was a top bloke, guy called Glenn i think. geared up, found i needed to buy a knife (i really think they should tell you more about them as a student, i was told i couldn't jump without one, i had no idea), no probs went to the gear shop and roberts your mothers brother.

got in the plane, the black beaver, man that thing can shift. We were at altitude before we took off... fecking quick....

anyway, jumped out. Fairly uneventful dive, new DZ, haven't jumped in a couple of weeks so i just enjoyed the ride.

lost the DZ a number of times. Its a field in the middle of a collection of fields, with a grass run way.. oh well. Found it eventually and just kept my eye on it. Pull time came, decided to pull at 4, new DZ and all. couldn't find the pilot chute, oh well. got it in the end. under canopy, nice veiw, lost the DZ again. Eventually found it came in, nice soft landing in the right place.

Was taught how to pack (flat pack) so that i could get my packing deposit back. So thats pretty cool.

from what i'd heard headcorn wasn't the greatest place, but i think it was pretty cool. :)
if theres anyone here who jumps there, PM so i dont end up looking like a loner again... lol
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Is this your FIRST jump in the UK??? ;);)

needed to buy a knife ... i was told i couldn't jump without one

Did they teach you how and when to use it?

the black beaver

I'm not even going to go there!

couldn't find the pilot chute

Three words: Practice Handle Pulls. Sheesh! Only 2 jumps off student status and he forgets where the handle is.

Was taught how to pack ...so that i could get my packing deposit back

So the next guy that jumps that rig has YOUR PACK JOB in it?! The "test" for packing is to jump it yourself.

just giving you some shiznit -- congrats on your jump:P

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo get you...!

right...

no, cough, it wasn't my, um, first, cough, ahem, UK jump.. doh..! i'll take the beer next time... :$:$

nope, wasn't told about the knife, just told i needed one. my moneys on it not being for cutting cigars..

The black beaver i believe is dutch... which in a way, makes it even funnier...

i did a number of pracitce pulls... :P on the ground, and even before i jumped. Guess i just missed it when it counted. No biggy, i was under canopy by about 3 and a half.

So the next guy that jumps that rig has YOUR PACK JOB in it?! The "test" for packing is to jump it yourself.

this is what concerned me.. but when i got there i discovered that although people are packing them up again, there are a number of stages that need checking and signing off during the pack job. Not bad really, so get shown how to pack AND you get the packing deposit back. Means the Jump tix are actually fairly cheap :)
shame the weathers crappy today, would like to be jumping again.

just giving you some shiznit -- congrats on your jump

thanking you :)

Z, you have a short memory - I jump at Headcorn and I've been there virtually all week. I'll be there this afternoon too (Friday). I'm mostly in the caravan painting it up, ready for beautiful Turbolet 410 that arrives on Wednesday for the summer.

Come find me next time your down
Rich M

"no probs went to the gear shop and roberts your mothers brother. "

Au contraire, Robert is the Kit Store owner...B|

You need to ask any of the instructors what the little knife is for, they will tell you all about it!

"from what i'd heard headcorn wasn't the greatest place"

You will hear good things and bad things about every DZ, its just the nature of things, the only true way to find out is to visit the places and make your own mind up.

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

didn't come down today in the end, had a shed load of stuff to do :( but judging by the weather i made the right choice...

Might be up on sunday tho :)

You will hear good things and bad things about every DZ, its just the nature of things, the only true way to find out is to visit the places and make your own mind up.

which is why i went :)

didn't come down today in the end, had a shed load of stuff to do :( but judging by the weather i made the right choice...

Might be up on sunday tho :)

You did, we didn't get a load up due to weather. What day were you down? I have a feeling I might have been your jumpmaster. Do you have hearing problems after jumping?
Rich M

no.. LOL... i came down on wednesday i think... Only managed one load.

there was a two way free fly, a hop and pop at 4.5, me, a consol, and not sure about the rest.

We were rushing to get a load together, then it was delayed due to refuling.

sound familiar?? LOL :)