AggieDave

Damnit! Alignment help, please.

Alright, I'm pretty broke right now, so I'm doing some things myself on my truck that I don't tend to do.

I'm doing the alignment in my driveway, but I hit a snag.

I've done the alignment on my VW quite a few times, that's really straight forward, but its not so much on my truck.

I've got the camber adjusted correctly, but I'll be damned if I know how to adjust the Toe on this truck!

I had adjusted it using the steering linkage (one of the ways to do minor adjustments on a VW), but that was obviously wrong on this truck...

How is it that I can do basically any sort of work on my truck myself from engines to drivetrain, to electrical, etc, BUT I can't do the damned alignment...I'm getting frustrated.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Dave,
Do the '98s have the knock out tabs, put on so they are prealligned at the factory, that have to be removed to do a toe out? like the '95s did.

perky

"Sacrifice is a part of life. It is supposed to be. It's not something you regret . It's something to aspire to." Mitch Albom

Yeah, they do, they've been knocked out, but I'll be fucked if I even know where they were in the first place.

(can you tell I've never done the alignment on a chevy before?"

Ok, so I'm a fucking moron!

Went back out to my truck, did the alignment (I wasn't keeping it KISS, I was thinking it was more complicated then it is), and now my truck drive nice and straight, the steering wheel is nice and centered and my right front wheel isn't all cambered in.

B|

Learned a new thing today, and I'm happy about that, so now officially I can do anything I need to do to fix my truck. B|B|