bodypilot90

computer help

I don't know what dazzle is, but older sound cards had ports like that for joy sticks. Now they tend to have firewire ports.

My old soundcard used to have one but when i upgraded i lost it. I've got a USB adapter for it that came with my steering wheel... I'm sure you could buy one.

what kind of connector is this? Came on a dazzle Mojave and dazzle dosn't support it dell does. Dell support has not been the best in the last year :|

My best guess, from reading the specs and Googling, is that it's Analog/TTL video in.

If you could take a picture of all of the ports on the breakout box and card, it would be helpful. Also, like Ivan I count the number of pins is 25, but the picture isn't very clear and if you could confirm this for us, it would be helpful too.

I don't know what dazzle is, but older sound cards had ports like that for joy sticks. Now they tend to have firewire ports.

My old soundcard used to have one but when i upgraded i lost it. I've got a USB adapter for it that came with my steering wheel... I'm sure you could buy one.

Sorry people, it's not a gameport adaptor. I'm still working on figuring out what it is, but gameport it is not. Gameport has 2 rows of pins, totalling 13 pins I believe.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Sorry people, it's not a gameport adaptor. I'm still working on figuring out what it is, but gameport it is not. Gameport has 2 rows of pins, totalling 13 pins I believe.

Gameport is a 15 pin standard density (2 rows) D-sub connector. VGA video is a 15 pin high density (three rows) D-sub connector.

I didn't think is was video at first, until I saw a couple references to 25 pin video. I've ruled out DB-25 serial and parallel since they are in the standard density form factor.

I don't know much about this stuff (yeah, I know...I shouldn't post then)...

but...I count 26 pins which is inlign with what I saw regarding VIP 2.0 connector (BOB to PCI-card) here:

Bob's First Clicky!!

Feel free to flame away...I'm tired anyway.

Yes, I know it is snowing.
No, we are not putting the top up.

From http://www.geocities.com/delldvinfo/DellMovieHelp.htm

BREAKOUT BOX JACKS - Front: - One 6-pin, female P1394 connector (internally connected to attached 6-foot P1394 cable) - Composite Video Input (RCA) yellow - S-Video Input (S-Video 4-pin mini-DIN) black - Stereo Audio Line In (Dual RCA) right red, left white - 3 LEDs: Power (green); Ready (yellow); Record/Playback (red) Rear: - Six foot 26-pin cable (connects to PCI card) - Attached 6-foot, P1394 cable (6-pin male connector) internally connected to front 6-pin P1394 connector. - Cable connects to either of the P1394 female connectors on the PCI card. - Composite Video Output (RCA) yellow - S-Video Output (S-Video 4-pin mini-DIN) black - Stereo Audio Line Out (Dual RCA) right red, left white

All I could find.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1