jmsw

Safire 2 129 in Javelin RSK-1

Sunpath's container sizing chart says the RSK-1 can hold a main canopy up to 120 sq ft (ZP). I'm looking to put a Safire 2 129 in. The Safire is elliptical, and my canopy has somewhere between 700-1000 jumps, so it packs very small.

Does anyone have experience with this container/canopy combo? I will definitely pay attention to the manufacturer's warnings (and I haven't asked my rigger yet what he thinks), but I'd like to hear from other jumpers as well. Are the extra 9 square feet too much?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if this makes a different because I know next to nothing about Javelin rigs, but the one I'm looking at getting is actually an RS-1, not an RSK-1. It was manufactured in 2000.

Thanks for those links- definitely good info.

I have an RSK-1. Anything over a 120 will be extremely tight. I had a very old sabre 120 in mine for awhile and even that was on the tight side. Then I had a safire 2 109 in it which was great, not tight but not too soft either. I'm sure you could squeeze a 129 in there, but I'd go up a container size.

Thanks for the replies!!

That combo definitely didn't seem like it was going to work.

I've ended up buying a used V306 with a PD113. UPT says it'll be a tight fit with a Safire2 129, but safe nonetheless.

Great choice in rigs.....but perhaps a little risky reserve.....[:/] Would you really want the smallest canopy you've ever flown be your reserve? Might I suggest a larger size PD optimum

Congrats on the new rig, have fun + be safe!

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp