BigWaveDave

The Roast Thread

I'm fairly new in the sport, but I've learned a few things about the skydiving community.

1) Its fairly tightnit (sp?)
2) Its like a big family, we all take care of eachother
3) and lastly, we all love to rip on eachother...

So in honor of the Friar Club's Roasts, you now have the chance to make fun of our fellow DZ.commers.

You can be brutal, you can be funny, you can be novel, anything. For the most part, what happens on this thread stays on this thread.

Now---remember this: A roast is supposed to be funny. If you make stupid jokes, you are the one who is going to look stupid, not me.

And lastly, don't be malicious. Let's keep this all in good fun.
“If you hear a voice within you saying, ''You are not a painter,'' then by all means paint… and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

You can be brutal,

Well, not really. The "no personal attacks" rule will still apply. I don't want to give anyone the chance to say something really mean about someone and then say, "but, I kid, I kiiiiddddd."
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You can be brutal,

Well, not really. The "no personal attacks" rule will still apply. I don't want to give anyone the chance to say something really mean about someone and then say, "but, I kid, I kiiiiddddd."

Fair enough....no mean personal attackes. But there's nothing wrong with some good natured ribbing.
“If you hear a voice within you saying, ''You are not a painter,'' then by all means paint… and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

I'll give it a try:

ChopChop, ya gotta love him. When he was starting out he thought everything was a malfunction. He'd cut away from line twists, slider up, closed end cells, everything! How do you think he got his name? From slicing Sushi? He was so cutaway happy we thought he was cutting away because he liked the way his reserve flew better than his main. ;)

You can be brutal,

But if it comes from a girl from the south and we end it with bless their heart - does that count as a personal attack.:S:D:D

judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

But if it comes from a girl from the south and we end it with bless their heart - does that count as a personal attack.

LOL...yes, it still counts. That made me think of my favorite line from Steel Magnolias: "if you don't have anything good to say, come over here and sit by me." Love those southern gals. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon