seanlarose

Predator Reserve Manual

Hey all, I recently had a customer drop off a rig for a repack that has a Chute Shop "Predator" reserve in it. I've been looking for some time now, and I am still unable to find a manual for it. Does anyone have one, or know where I might find it? I've tried parachutemanuals.com, as well as the website of the company that Chute Shop became (Parachute Systems). Thanks in advance guys and gals.
Sean LR

We still got a few around in these parts, should be a manual on paper at least here somewhere, I can ask around if you really can't find it elsewhere/digitally.

I won a bet a few years back about a rig for sale that had a predator reserve in it:
me: It's got 9 cells...
very very experienced jumper: No it doesn't why would anyone make a 9cell sports reserve? No such thing.
me: It's got 9 cells...
jumper starts counting: Hum.

I actually think that rig is still for sale... Anyone want a 9cell reserve?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Because you can jump the same canopy as a main and a reserve. This makes things easier on the user. The military appreciates this. It also allows you to discard the main after it's been used up, pack the reserve as the new main, and get a new reserve. More cost effective.

Incidentally, I recently handled a Predator as a main. It is fully ZP. (Yes, really, I checked.) I would not want to subject my rigger to that as a reserve. :S

If it's usable as a reserve, I now understand why it opened as it did. And that was subterminal and with an aftermarket pocket on the slider. Ouch. Does anybody have experience with larger sliders on it? Does that make for better openings? The stock slider is normal in width but rather short front to back.

Johan.
I am. I think.