unformed

how more pissed off can i get?

i craked my car engine about two months ago. due to hurricanes and an incompetent insurance agent, it took quite awhile to get it fixed. i finally got my car back on friday. on saturday night, some asshole put sugar in my gas tank, as well as a few of friends tanks.

i'm trying here to hold my composure ... but man it's pushing my limits ...
This ad space for sale.

I guess your car is one of those older models without the gas cap security lid that can only be unlocked from the inside of the car?

That sucks... It would piss me off too if that happened to me.

I'm not sure, but I thought I remembered there was a locking gas cap that you could buy from an auto parts store, but I don't remember much about it. It may only work on certain models.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

***I guess your car is one of those older models without the gas cap security lid that can only be unlocked from the inside of the car? [/url]

I drive an 01 Chevy pickup. I don't have a locking gas cap. Is mine an older vehicle? Granted alot of newer cars and trucks have those locking fuel doors but it's not secure. It is just a bit of plastic that flips into place to hold the fuel door closed. You can pop them open with a pocket knife or even a stick you pick up off the ground.

Now a locking gas cap from the parts store is a different story those normally need a key.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Good point about the fuel cap access doors... My 2000 Tundra has a key-lock equipped fuel cap door and it's steel, just like the rest of the truck...

The other car, a 1996 Protege, just has a lever on the floor by the driver's seat to pop open the fuel cap access door, and I think it's probably not all that secure now that you mention it. At 165,000 miles, I don't think I care... ;) But I would be mad as hell if they did it to my truck.

A key-equipped fuel cap is probably going to keep any asshole from dumping sugar in the tank. If they have to spend several minutes trying to pry it open, they'll give up.

Blue Skies
Billy
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I guess your car is one of those older models without the gas cap security lid that can only be unlocked from the inside of the car?

That sucks... It would piss me off too if that happened to me.

I'm not sure, but I thought I remembered there was a locking gas cap that you could buy from an auto parts store, but I don't remember much about it. It may only work on certain models.

Blue Skies
Billy

actually, i have a realatively newer car ... 2002 Tacoma, but besides the 4WD it's pretty bare, no extra features or anything ... it doesn't have a locking gas cap but i'll probably invest in one ... i wish they just did the typical asshole move and slashed my tires ...
This ad space for sale.

Replacing slashed tires still cost a bit unless you get your insurance company to take care of it. I think all you need is a police report and a statement from the mechanic that's approved by your insurance company for them to take care of the expenses. Maybe they'll pay for the engine damage from diabetes (too much sugar consumption)? :D Just kidding...

I remember buying a new car, a 1993 Mustang, just before I started my new job in a new city that I was unfamiliar with. One day that first week I come to my car after work in the public lot to find some damn asshole had keyed the driver's side door and front and rear quarter panels! >:( Thankfully, the scratches weren't deep enough to get rusted, but still... it was a freaking NEW car!! Bastard!!

There, I got it out... :P

Blue Skies
Billy