swoopfly

Maybe a weird gear question.

hey

i have noticed this with my gear and some others. When i pack my mirage and are closing the main flaps, i stretch the last flap closed (the one with the bridle under it,right flap) and put the pin in. I notice my flap has this what looks like white dust one it, my flap turns white maybe from stretching??. I can kind of brush it a good bit with my hand and the white (dustlike) fades off and my flap color looks normal again. has anyone else ever noticed this or even know why my flap does this? i have noticed it on some rental rigs i have packed aswell.

Probably bits of dry skin from your hands, or from your knee, which you use to hold the closing loop in place while threading the pullup through the next grommet.

hey no what i mean by this is it actually comes from the material. i pull my flap closed and it turns white by the trim tape and material in that area that stretches the most. i dont know if i am just crazy, it kinda aggervates me cause i like it to look all neat but then i have this white area where it was strecth. i have actually watched myself pull it closed and sure enough when it stretches it fades to white, then i usually brush it really hard and it kinda fades back to the original color. im sure this isnt a big problem i just dont know why that happens and was wondering if i am the only one who has noticed this or maybe its just me.

Are you using a pull-up cord or a packing tool to pack your rig? I ask that because I normally use a pull up cord, ones that I get for free from the pro shop. Most of the time they are black with white lettering, the same white lettering that flakes off all over my rig when I remove it from the pin/closing loop!

Recently they got a bunch in that had no lettering, just all black, the store manager was annoyed but I was thrilled and grabbed a few. I have a packing tool but I find it much easier to keep a pull up cord in my harness so I dont lose it.

just what I thought of when I read ur post...
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."