genoyamamoto

Half life classic vs. 2

Classic is really alot of fun. Plus it actually leads into 2 in a way.

2 blows classic away as far as game play mechanics and graphics. The story though comes from classic.

Any of that make sense?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Yeah makes perfect sense. Thanks. I'll try 2 first and if the story seems cool go back to classic.

Well to get the whole jist of 2 you really need to know the story of 1. You can though, just jump into 2 and enjoy yourself. :)
Then there are the mods. It's got some awesome mods you can download that competely change the game. Counterstrike is one of the most known. The HL community is working on mods already for HL2 so they'll be out and online soon. Some are but most are beta and not been gameplay tested much. You do get a refreshed Counterstrike: Source which is just the old CS mod ported to the new Source engine an graphics.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

I enjoyed playing HL Classic more at the time than I did playing HL2. Steam(ing pile of shit) also ruined the experience of HL2 for me as well as the well documented motion sickness HL2 can cause. ( I didn't realise until close to the end how to fix it. )

It's well worth getting both and playing just for the comparison alone to see how far the physics, character animations, sound effects and graphics have come in such a relatively short time.

Lu-"let the beast beware"-cy

It's well worth getting both and playing just for the comparison alone to see how far the physics, character animations, sound effects and graphics have come in such a relatively short time.

If you download the $80 package or buy the special edition you get HL1 redone in the Source engine which helps upgrades the graphics a bit.

I love both of them and they are worth the time playing. Steam is a pain sometimes but it's also a great way to make sure that the game is up to date and removes the confusion of which patch to install for the newbies.

There are few games that make me want to sit down and finish the game in a short period of time - HL and HL2 are two of those games (despite the PITA ending of HL1)