weegegirl

Mac or PC

I'll have to buy/find all new software.

Ilife 05 comes with all the software you need for video/audio/photos and DVD all of wich are the easiest to use.

I would also have a pretty big learning curve to get out of my PC habits.

MAC's are easier it won't take you long to learn, i promise!

Photoshop is the same as in pee-c so no learning there
Both Dreamweaver & Flash too but they look prettier;)
Microsoft Word for the Mac has a bunch of feautures that it's pee-c cousin doesn't have.

great integration with any network and forget about viruses forever.
oh and the Mac is as fast or faster than any pee-c laptop.

by the way I'm no geek just a regular user but believe me if you get a Mac you won't regret it. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore/
***Keep it fun, stay alive***
Safe swoops
Azul
Follow Orbita on Twitter @freeflyorbita

great integration with any*most* network*s* and forget about viruses forever.

http://www.pure-mac.com/virus.html

Back in the days before OS X, the number of viruses which attacked Macintosh users totalled somewhere between about 60 and 80. Today, the number of viruses attacking OS X users is...NONE! However, this doesn't mean we should get complacent about checking incoming email attachments or web downloads, for two reasons. Firstly, there's no guarantee that we Mac users will continue to enjoy the status quo, but more importantly, the majority of the computing world use machines running MS Windows, for which an enormous quantity of viruses exist, so we must be vigilant in checking the files we pass on to our friends and colleagues etc. For example, if you're a wise person and you've turned MS Office's macro support off then you're not going to notice that virus which is hiding inside this month's edition of "Extreme Ironing.doc" which your friend sent you. If you then forward that document to a less wise person who has not turned off the macro support, then you have most likely just sent him a shiny new Pandora's Box with a sign saying "Open this end"!

Remember, virus writers target highly used systems. If Apple was the "Major Player" instead of Microsoft (incorrectly labeled as PC, they are ALL PC's), the roles would be reversed. Same thing with Norton vs. Avast antivirus programs. Norton is a target.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

No. That isn't sufficient. Architecture is just one of the variables and "work done in a clock cycle" needs to be balanced against the cost of the system. Architects and engineers are usually at odds with each other because of this. Show me the numbers:P

There are a plethora of reasons why one computer can be faster than the next, I was addressing direct comparison of clock speeds, and the pitfalls therein.

The processor on a video card is clocked at a fraction of the rate a CPU operates, and yet the CPU would be brought to its knees by some of the linear transformations the video card can do without breaking a sweat.

So, as I said, it depends heavily on the application.

Remember, virus writers target highly used systems. If Apple was the "Major Player" instead of Microsoft (incorrectly labeled as PC, they are ALL PC's), the roles would be reversed.

I agree with this and maybe my choice of words wasn't the righ one, and as I said I am no expert, I only posted what my experience has been;) Thanx for the info though.
***Keep it fun, stay alive***
Safe swoops
Azul
Follow Orbita on Twitter @freeflyorbita