n2skdvn

florabama being bulldozed...

Sad indeed... I have many good memories there. Have gotten falling-down-drunk there once or twice. :S

I've also made the majority of my beach jumps at the bar, well over 20 jumps, and always enjoyed a couple of the customary free beers accorded to the skydivers after every jump. B| Most of the jumps were the sunset loads though.

Man, when they get it rebuilt, I hope I can recognize where it is from the air on my next beach jump! Oh yeah, silly me, that's easy... just look for where the 5 lane highway becomes 2 lanes right in front of it. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

We love the Bama! I just saw that on the news this morning. They said that they will still be holding the mullet toss. I guess that they are just going to set up tents and stuff.

You guys should all come down and show your support over Memorial Day. Emerald Coast will still be having their Beach Boogie! It's going to be tons of fun! Yay, it's almost beach boogie time!

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

I thought the 'Bama was gonna be open by Memorial day? Where are we gonna party? I purposely got a condo at the Phoenix 10 so I could stagger home. :(
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I thought the 'Bama was gonna be open by Memorial day? Where are we gonna party? I purposely got a condo at the Phoenix 10 so I could stagger home. :(

Read the story in the link in the first post... the bar/restaurant across the street from the Florabama has been extending their hours for people wanting to drink/party... better than nothing! ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It's so hard to know when it's going to be open. Between the news articles and the rumors going around. They had said that it would be open by spring break, but that didn't happen.

Hey, I'm sure that we will find a party!:D Maybe the Bama will be open in some way!

See you on Memorial Day!

Danielle

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller