Skolls081102

Out of SC- And I feel great!!!!!

When I first started posting on the forums, I frequented the Speakers Corner- I love to debate. But I came to a stunning realization- you cannot convincingly argue your point on a computer chat forum. I know, I know- most people realized this long ago. But you can't add emphasis, and most of all, you can't use emotion to argue your point. It may seem that you are as you write it, but to people who are reading it (in a monotone voice)- they don't hear it the way you want it said.
So anyway, I decided about a month or so ago, that I would no longer go into Speakers Corner. And I finally passed the 200 mark- 203 New Threads, and 6418 New Posts. And damn, I feel great.
So, for those of you that don't go in the SC- what are your numbers up to? Just curious.......

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I don't know about my numbers but, I have to agree with you about arguing in a 'chat' type venue. You're absolutely correct! Folks can't see you laughing, crying, angry and etc. It's sometimes hard to get across sarcasm or wit. It's just the written word. You can kiddingly and with no ill intent, say 'fuck you' and it's immediately taken wrong. I might look, now and again at some of the posts in SC but, it ain't worth it.

Chuck

you cannot convincingly argue your point on a computer chat forum.

I can convincingly argue my point, the problem is some people are too thick to realize that's what I've done. :D:D:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I like SC.
I mean yes we could talk about who is in love today and has a crush on who, and boobies all the time but maybe it’s me but if I see another sex thread I am going to puke.

If you can keep your temper and realize it is all just a discussion then it’s all good. If your sitting there and throwing your keyboard out the window then SC is not for you.;)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I like SC.
If you can keep your temper and realize it is all just a discussion then it’s all good. If your sitting there and throwing your keyboard out the window then SC is not for you.;)

FUCKFUCKFUCK, why did you have to say this? Shit, man, I so do not agree with what you just typed on your keyboard! Throw yours out of the window. Who's getting upset or loosing his temper? Are you referring to me? I'm cool. I'm not upset!

Now if I just can get the fucking window to open!

Nice to meet you toot!