CityBoy

Almost famous by association

Wow... my very first new post! Yeah... I know... BEER! :S

So one of the guys who works for me has been making the media rounds. Started with articles on Slashdot and Wired, was quickly picked up by many of the local radio stations, followed by several local TV stations. He has now gone national with appearances on The Today Show, MSNBC, and a few others I don't remember at the moment.

http://www.fedexfurniture.com

Hey... my first clicky! More beer?

Heck, the closest I've come to being on television was one night several years ago. It was me and a girlfriend... naked... on the television... you know, one of those big floor models... right in the middle of the living room... and actually, we weren't really on it... we were more like bent over it... but that's a completely different topic of conversation, and so I digress! :ph34r:

Yeah, I saw that....sturdy enough to jump up and down on the bed....

The only suggestion I would have for him is a bigger dining suite.....unless you have only 1 or 2 friends. :D

Do you think Fedex is satisfied with the disclaimer at the top or are they going to persue litigation? :D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Not sure how it will shake out. After talking to Jose yesterday, I got the sense there hasn't been a lot of action on the legal front as of late. Calm before the storm perhaps?

I can see both sides of the thing. I suspect the main concern at FedEx is that a bunch of copy cats will run out and exhaust their global supply of shipping materials doing stuff like this. On the flip side, Jose is a brilliant software engineer. If the sole motivator was money, he could have taken the time invested in designing and building the stuff, used it to do some contract work on the side, and made some extra money for an Ikea shopping spree.

I think more than anything it was just one of those things you do because you can, and because it'll be good for a little fun and a few laughs among friends. You know, kinda like when one of us says "Hey... watch this!" B|