MrHixxx

Phantom 180 Reserve

Javelin...

Paragraph 11(a) of Advisory Circular (AC) 105-2C, Sport Parachute Jumping, states:

The assembly or mating of approved parachute components from different manufacturers may be made by a certificated and appropriately rated parachute rigger or parachute loft in accordance with the parachute manufacturer’s instructions and without further authorization by the manufacturer or the FAA. Specifically, when various parachute components are interchanged, the parachute rigger should follow the canopy manufacturer’s instructions as well as the parachute container manufacturer’s instructions. However, the container manufacturer’s instructions take precedence when there is a conflict between the two.

Part 65.129 states:

No certificated parachute rigger may—

(f) Exercise the privileges of his certificate and type rating unless he understands the current manufacturer's instructions for the operation involved and has—

Take your pick. If you are asking for the manual you probably don’t meet the requirements of Part 65 without having the manual on hand. Or you could pack it according to the Javelin manual since it trumps the canopy manufacture.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I have an Optimum and a PDr in my closets, but they are small closets. I am way too much of a pussy to jump anything, but modern gear.

This one of the FOGs (Fuckin' Old Guy) rigs that I have for a repack inspection. After looking it over, it is in excellent shape despite being 19.

I stop repacking stuff when it hits 20 as a general rule...

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

Why?... check out the bottom of page 14.

http://nationalparachute.com/NPII%20Owners%20Manual%20Dec%202006%20-%20FLAT%20Pack.pdf

It not exactly a black and white statement and if you call them they will reasure you that it doesn't really mean what it says and every thing is fine and there's no reason to trouble your custamer with it and you should just repack the rig. But what are you going to say in court when the scum bag lawyer is waveing that manual. And what do you really think the National rep will be saying then. Fuck them. Let them lie in the hole they dig and tell your customers to buy Softies.

I hate legal bull shit games.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

The Parachute Industry Association (PIA) has visited this issue without conclusion to date. Until the PIA specifies or recommends otherwise, it is the opinion of the current management at National Parachute that the maximum service life is 20 years from date of manufacture.

That seems pretty cut and dries to me. But like you it frosts my ass that they don’t have the stones to carry the weight without trying to lay it off on someone else. GQ is the only other company I have seen put it in writing like that.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Cut and dryed would be "The maximum service life of our products is twenty years from DOM. All components must be removed from service at that time." I wouldn't agree but I would at least respect them for that. Or saying, "The airworthiness of our gear is based upon condition and may continue in service indefanently at the descretion of the rigger." That lays it on our door step to some degree but it's always been there and I don't have a problem with that as long as they stand behind us. I have the probblem when they try to play the you can but we don't think you shood so nothing is our fault and it's all on you.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com