Dbriggs

need advice

Well, you're pretty smart like your mom;)

Now ask mom how to separate the body of your post from your sig line:P
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Yes, here's some advice, don't do it like we did. A friend of mine decided to go into the aerial burial business and we built a container from a steel ammo box and added a spring loaded release. The box attached to the gear leg of the airplane and the release lever is in the cockpit.

Our first customer is the newly departed Uncle Frank and with a beautiful sunset as background and with Uncle Frank's family lining the runway the aircraft accelerated down the runway. I was on the handheld radio and in contact with the pilot as they rolled passed funeral center and lifted off. There isn't a dry eye to be seen, and a more fitting and respectful scene was not achievable.

Then as the aircraft's wings gained lift and the gear leg unloaded the box prematurely sprang open. Uncle Frank hit the prop blast and is blasted all over the runway . . .

"One six Papa, this is ground."

"Go ahead ground."

"(Sound of laughter), Hey man, (sound of more laughter) you forgot something."

Of course, it wasn't all that funny to the family and the woman and kids are crying their eyes out. I swear, I've done a lot of things in aviation but the topper was brooming up Uncle Frank and returning what was left to the family. And trying to do it with a straight face.

The next day we got a visit from the state funeral board, (we didn't even know there was a state funeral board) and got a good reaming from a guy in a suit who called us knuckleheads, but he didn’t cite us after we promised to vacate the aerial burial business forever. To this day I always keep an eye out for this guy whenever I'm involved in an ash dive at the drop zone . . .

NickD :)BASE 194