kirrz

Skiing near Chicago?

Can anyone give me names of ski resorts near Chicago convenient for a 3 day ski trip?
I hear the slopes in the midwest aren't the best but it doesn't really matter because I'm a pretty novice/ intermediate skiier.

Thanks in advance!

In southern Wisconsin there's Wilmot Mountain, Alpine Valley (conveniently located 5 minutes from Sky Knights Sport Parachute Club, we jump all winter)., Grand Geneva (private resort, $$$), and a couple of others that I can't recall off the top of my head. Wilmot is closest and pretty decent, Alpine is better but a little further, and I've never been to Grand Geneva.

Can anyone give me names of ski resorts near Chicago convenient for a 3 day ski trip?
I hear the slopes in the midwest aren't the best but it doesn't really matter because I'm a pretty novice/ intermediate skiier.

Thanks in advance!

I actually just got back from Alpine Valley. Understand that these are not "mountains" but are hills. The vert is not much, but it is skiing none the less.

Devilshead, Cascade and Granitepeak are a bit further north and are 500-700 vertical feet.

Edited to add...devilshead and cascade are about 3 hours, and granite peak i think is 5..i could be wrong though on that one.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

As far as Wisconsin goes. Keep your booking on Devil's Head. Nice resort great for the novice/intermediate like yourself. Nice thing is if it's extremely cold out of the north, the slopes are on the south side of the hill. Only a real short drive from Cascade Mtn. which is also pretty nice. :)

Just made a booking for Devil's Head.. it's in Wisconsin. Anyone ever been there? Know anything about it? Is it a decent family holiday place? I've got 4 days to change my booking...

Devilshead rocks! for a 3 day trip it is a good choice. Did you get one of the all inclusive packages? where skiing, lodging and food are included?
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Devilshead rocks! for a 3 day trip it is a good choice. Did you get one of the all inclusive packages? where skiing, lodging and food are included?

Yup yup, it's such good value! Hopefully the food will be decent..

Thanks guys for all the help!!

Yup yup, it's such good value! Hopefully the food will be decent..

Thanks guys for all the help!!

One of the dinner options is kind of a fancy place...OHMIGOD the food was unreal!!!
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto