AndrewStaich

FALLING OUT: PARACHUTING & 9/11

I'm writing a thesis on the economic effects of 9/11 and skydiving. In Parachutist Nov 2001 "One Silent Weekend' there is a mention of seven drop zones that were closed because they were too close to the new enhanced B airspace. Does anybody know which DZs those were? I think bay area skydiving was one. too close to a nuclear power grid. Please let me know. If you have anything further to add please fire me away.

I'm writing a thesis on the economic effects of 9/11 and skydiving. In Parachutist Nov 2001 "One Silent Weekend' there is a mention of seven drop zones that were closed because they were too close to the new enhanced B airspace. Does anybody know which DZs those were? I think bay area skydiving was one. too close to a nuclear power grid. Please let me know. If you have anything further to add please fire me away.

The weekend following 911 I attended a boogie in College Station. They already had leased one of Faiard's CASA's from Carolina Sky Sports. We didn't think it would be able to fly out but by Friday, I think - it managed to get clearance to fly. The pilots reported they had to fly a very tight corridor and ATC was very jumpy about *any* deviation - they were told to "center up" a couple times. We had the boogie, had a great time, the weather was great, didn't make a single jump. No permission for jumping. It was rough seeing a CASA sitting on the tarmac underneath blue skies.