nyc_jumper

Can I downsize with my container?

Hi guys,

I have an older Infinity container. It has a 165 sq foot canopy in it, and I'd like to downsize to either a 135 or a 150. Is there any problem with this? Would I just shorten the closing loop? Of course I would have a rigger do it properly. Do the flaps on the container need to be changed or modified at all?

Thank you

Hey NYC,

If you can find the serial number and model number of the rig, which is printed on the TSO tag, I'd be happy to look it up and get you that info. Also, what kind of 135 or 150 are you planning to downsize to?
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment

Pack volume for a Sabre 1 150 is 413cu. in. according to the chart in Para Gear. The 135 is 363cu.in.. These numbers come from PIA. I couldn't find the 1.4 in the current sizing chart for the infinity but if the placard is correct then you are well within the manufactures recommendations.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Hi!

Thank you for the reply.

Serial number: 4788
Size: I 1.4

It also says Main: 325-475 cubic inches

I'd like to downsize to a Sabre 135 or 150.

Thank you again

NYC,

Looks like I just missed your reply last night. I pulled the order form for that container and it was built for a PD 170. The Sabre2 150 should go in there just fine. The Sabre2 135 may be a bit on the loose side. Before you commit to purchasing the 135, see if you can borrow one from someone around the DZ to pack into your container, or get a demo from PD. Once it is packed, have your rigger take a look just to be certain that it wont be a safety issue.
-Tony
(253) 445-8790
Velocity Sports Equipment