matt1215

Dammit!!! >:-(

How far does the restricted area go?

I have seen pics of jumpers in freefall with the shuttle lifting off in the background before.

Not sure. Dean O, one of my instructors, used to do costumed skysurfs with shuttles taking off (clicky). With the advent of 9/11, they extended it quite a bit :(.

Thought maybe they'd drop a load with the launch, and that it'd be a good time for a full alti hop&pop, but no such luck.

I know how that feels, I went to take my first jump yesterday. My S/L Instructor told me it was too windy for a first timer to jump. Camped there. Hoping the wind would calm down. Woke up this morning to rain, wind and clouds. We packed up and went home. Don't know when we can get back. It's a good 3 hr drive to the DZ we go to.

Sorry about the restrictions, that sux
You get in a plane and after a few minutes, you throw yourself at the ground.

you dont need a parachute to skydive, but you do need a parachute to skydive twice

I started jumping there to, apperently if its a rocket launch the plane can go up but has to be a certain distence away and per the DZ the jumpers must be I think C lisence qualified... but a manned shuttle its completley restricted. I loved those pics of Dean though... to bad they cant still be made
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this