crapflinger2000

Abandoned Gear

Hey folks, I was going through my gear collection, cleaning out the spider egg sacs and separating out my long lost collection of vintage leaking Duracel D-cell batteries, and came across the following:

One complete rig, that someone dropped off to me in my rigging days for a repack (like 7 years ago) but never came to collect. There is no owner info on the packing data card.

Anyway, my concern is that if I sell this thing, it could come back to bite me in the ass if it turns out to be hot, so I better do some due diligence.

Anyway, it is an all-black Talon with some minor neon color pin-striping on the top flap. Falcon/Raven canopies. I dont mean one of the newer spiffy talons, I am talking about the old-ass early 90s Vector 2 style rig.

Anyway, if this somehow rings a bell, send me a PM and we can start talking serial numbers and stuff.

Can you contact the manufacturers to see if the gear is registered?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I'd say do what you want with it. Alot of places have a "leave it here >90 days and its ours" policy.

I'd say 7 years is long enough to wait for someone to say "hey, dont you still have a rig of mine?".

Check the stolen gear listings, and if its not there, sell it.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!