martinmcsh

thanks alot

And you started another post to tell us this instead of replying to your original one? Uh... methinks your friend may have a point.

And if you told me every day that it was cool to skydive, I'd find you pretty fucking sad, too.

Methinks both you and your friend also need to learn the subtle art of sarcasm. You'll find it comes in handy in this sport[/strike ]world.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Seriously. Let me try to explain this slowly since the other thread seemed to go right over your head.

People who talk incessantly (whether it's every day or every other day) about the same thing are boring.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Aside from it being incredibly infantile to try and force someone into liking/trying something they aren't interested in, have you thought about what you would tell his family and friends if you DID manage to talk him into trying it and (heavens forfend) something bad happaned to him?
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Out of curiosity, why is it so important to you that he realize how much fun skydiving is? Some people (my brother, for one), just aren't into it for whatever reason which is cool. Everybody has their own thing, you know?

I think I'll have better luck explaining this to the pothos in my office.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I've been meaning to thank you for your lovely posts. Thanks Krissanne, for your awesome posts.
Wishing you the best day in a long time.:)

Thanks, cocheese. Have you renewed your membership?:P