FlyinDawg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is true story?

I was aware that, it's was true story by tons of people. But I still 50 percent to believe it, since it's real history of America's killing spree or what? Since I never heard of it as "true story" when I saw couple years ago movie (not old one) and also new movie come up as beginning! :S Could anyone tell me about this like opinion?
Flyin' Dawg or SkyDog

"To understand is to forgive, even oneself."

I like to think that it is a real story. That way i get more freaked out as i walk through cornfields during haunted houses around Halloween.

I'm actually allergic to cornfeilds. They have some type of natural chemical thati makes me break out in hives ha .
"I'm going to marry my novels and have short stories for children."

BLuE sKiES & aPpLE PIeS oh and I'm "M" A-ZIng

I was aware that, it's was true story by tons of people. But I still 50 percent to believe it, since it's real history of America's killing spree or what? Since I never heard of it as "true story" when I saw couple years ago movie (not old one) and also new movie come up as beginning! :S Could anyone tell me about this like opinion?

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is not a true story, in the sense that none of the characters portrayed in the movie ever existed and none of the events portrayed in the movie actually happened. The movie is based VERY LOOSELY on the same true story that inspired the character of Norman Bates in [I]Psycho[/I] and Buffalo Bill in [I]Silence of the Lambs[/I]. All three stories are inspired by 1950s Wisconsin serial killer Ed Gein who had a penchant for digging up the graves of dead women and removing their sex organs. He became a serial killer when he started seeking fresher sources of female sex organs. He enjoyed wearing the amputated sex organs around the house, as well as making masks and suits from the women's skin. He also made a variety of household items from the women's various body parts. His morbid, homicidal fixation with women is thought to have stemmed from the death of his extremely overbearing mother.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.