Conquest150

Mamba 111 review

I currently jump a xfire 2 119 loaded at 1.6. ive got about 600 jumps on that canopy. i was jumping a mamba 111 loaded at 1.7

I had the mamba for the past two weekends. The first weekend the winds were not desirable to really be jumping but i did get 4 jumps on it. It was a blast to fly.

The second weekend i managed to get 6 more jumps on it with a few of those in light winds.

Now on to the technical stuff. I am comparing this canopy with my crossfire. The front riser pressure was very comparable. it was light and i could hold it for a full 270 with absolutely no problem. Had to initiate a 270 higher than my crossfire due to it staying in a dive alot easier.

I would have to say this canopy was the most fun ive had flying a parachute in awhile. it turns really quick and is just an all around fun canopy to fly.

The only thing i didnt like about it was the rear risers. It took alot more input on the rears to get it to plane out than what i was use to and what i would like to have on a canopy.

ill have some pics to post next week as i forgot them on the computer at the dropzone.

Greg

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to not only demo one of our canopies but also for taking the time to post a short review on it.

The Mamba is a great canopy to fly and is growing in popularity.

Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Blue Skies

Karl Meyer
Sales Representative
Aerodyne Research
Office: 1 813 891 6300
Mobile: 1 813 841 2149
[email protected]
www.flyaerodyne.com

The only thing i didnt like about it was the rear risers. It took alot more input on the rears to get it to plane out than what i was use to and what i would like to have on a canopy.

i put a lot of jumps on mambas and my wife ended up buying one for the great flare power as we jump a little above sea level and often make trips to higher elevated dropzones.

the whole rear riser plaining out thing would be purely because of the steeper trim and longer recovery arc than the Xfire 2. when you get used to it you will realise that you actually have a much greater range of use on the rears giving you a better platform to fly rears with. but its like you said its just not what you are used to.

both are great canopies and glad you had fun.