DTN

French Parachuting Association Release

Subjet: VIGIL AAD

- The French Parachuting Association is due to report that informations published by M. Eric FRADET on www.dropzone.com forum haven't been validated yet.

- Those informations were prematurely published on line and only express the opinion of the author.

- The investigation requested by the french government Department for Sport and assigned to the French Parachuting Association is in progress. Final report will be available upon request at the french government Department for Sport.

Jean-Marc SEURIN
National Technical Director
Ministère des Sports - Fédération Française de Parachutisme

On the 18th and 19th of January 2007, I replied on this forum to a question I was asked about the reliability of the Vigil security system device.

The opinion that I gave only committed myself and, in no way, the French Skydiving Federation.

There actually were two accidents that occured in France. However, an investigation was opened by the Federation and, for the time being, it is not available insofar as it is still in progress.

Naturally, I only gave my own mind and only talked of cases that I knew.

A legal action being brought against me by the company producing the system security device in question, I am posting this new message with a view to appeasement and conciliation.

Once again, let me call your attention on the fact that I only aimed at cases that I knew, and only in my own name.

I had specified within these messages that the company agreed with certain points, but that it questioned other ones. Consequently, awaiting the results of the investigation, I invite you to consider that the messages in question only committed myself and not to draw hasty conclusions.