Gato

Winter Clothing Deals

'Tis I, Gato, the metrosexual shopper.

I went looking for stuff to keep me warm while in the air, and the general consensus appears to be that Under Armor, while very expensive, is the preferred brand and performance level. I do have some UA Heat Gear shirts and socks and stuff, and it is great quality.

But $60 or $80 for a shirt no one will see (unless you're built like me ;) ) is just too much.

Enter the lowly Target store. If you have one of these near you, in the men's section, almost all of their C9 (Champion) winter weight stuff is on clearance. Check out C9 stuff - it's all moisture-controlling, very warm, and looks good. It's different in every store, but check what I scored:

3 Fleece C9 Jackets for me (Different colors, Very warm) - $4.98 each
3 Fleece C9 Jackets for my wife (also Different colors) - $4.98 each
1 pair of C9 wind pants (Champion's version of Goretex) - $7.98
2 C9 long sleeve loose fit shirts (2nd or 3rd layer) - $4.28 each
Medium weight C9 perf. under shirt, black (long sleeve) - $19.99

Went right next door to Dick's sporting goods (They sell UA), and I found a pair of Fitness Gear hyroDry medium-weight running tights for $14.

Just for good measure, I went to Raven Military Surplus (Thanks, Terry!) and picked up a GI issue polypropylene top with a zip turtle neck for $20, and a pair of winter ops gloves for $25.

All told, I spent $125.14 for all of this. If I had chosen to buy UA instead, I'd have one Cold Gear Metal top, and be about $25 shy of having enough for the pants. What I think is very cool is how many ways all this stuff can be combined for various temperatures and conditions. I'd have to spend at least triple that amount if I wanted all Under Armor stuff. Please know, I love UA, and if I find it on clearance, I might buy it. I just can't afford what they want to charge.

I posted this because I'm a man and I'm proud of my ability to scope a great bargain, and shop with great proficiency.

Is this not sexy? B|

If anyone needs advice on lotions, creams, ointments, or great shampoo and conditioner, feel free to post here.

Have a nice day and stay classy!
T.I.N.S.

What great deals. It's cool to hear about a guy who seeks out bargains. I love getting bargains too, I get practically giddy with excitement!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

WOW!!! I didn't know it was possible??? To find a guy looking for deals..

nice going!!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

So, Mr. metrosexual shopper, how much time did you spend in the stores?

I'm pretty fast - this particuar trip took 3 1/2 hours including drive time. All 3 stores are very close to one another. I wasn't trying to save time, just money. This time.

I don't see, where he listed any shoes on sale.

Oooh Skymama - did you say, "Shoes?" We could talk for days about shoes. If I could, I'd probably have 30 or 40 pairs: there aren't just a few different occaisions, so why should one only have a few different shoes?

I found a pair of Nike running shoes for 40% off the next day. :P

I suppose I should be clear; I'm a Hit-and-run shopper. I can't just browse forever. I find what I'm looking for, and then I'm gone.
T.I.N.S.