Shell666

Hockey anyone!

I pop my cherry too friday night at a flames vs red wings game, fuck ya!

Spoken like a true Flames fan ... fuck ya too!

:P:P;)

Edited to add: WAIT A MINUTE!!! Your profile SAYS you're in Canada but you haven't been to a hockey game!!! Are you an illegal alien ....?

;)
'Shell

It's when the same player scores three goals in a game. It's tradition that the fans throw their caps on the ice when that happens. A natural hat trick is when the same player scores those three goals consecutively. :)

Don't forget the "Gordie Howe Hat Trick" ... a goal, an assist and a FIGHT!

:D:D

'Shell
'Shell

LOL--Gotta like that! Makes for a well-rounded evening.

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY!!!

Awwwww ... the thought of that made me miss Georges!

:(

I know. It's not the same thing but I sure got sad when they inducted Roy the other day. I'm GLAD he was inducted, but you have no idea how much I miss him.

;)

TPM Sister #102

WAIT A MINUTE!!! Your profile SAYS you're in Canada but you haven't been to a hockey game!!! Are you an illegal alien ....?

;)

:D I just moved out west. Grew up on the east coast, what was i gonna do there? Drive 10 hours to watch a habs game!? :S

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

WAIT A MINUTE!!! Your profile SAYS you're in Canada but you haven't been to a hockey game!!! Are you an illegal alien ....?

;)

:D I just moved out west. Grew up on the east coast, what was i gonna do there? Drive 10 hours to watch a habs game!? :S

'nuff said ... you're forgiven.

;);)

Enjoy the game!!

'Shell
'Shell

It's when the same player scores three goals in a game. It's tradition that the fans throw their caps on the ice when that happens. A natural hat trick is when the same player scores those three goals consecutively. :)

'Shell

Not many guys do that anymore....Iginla is cut out of the Gordie Howe/Rocket Richard mold ... great goal scorer and he'll drop the gloves too. I think Wade Belak for the Leafs got a Gordie Howe hat trick three years ago...those are the only guys I remember doing it recently.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

'Shell

Not many guys do that anymore....Iginla is cut out of the Gordie Howe/Rocket Richard mold ... great goal scorer and he'll drop the gloves too. I think Wade Belak for the Leafs got a Gordie Howe hat trick three years ago...those are the only guys I remember doing it recently.

Ah, my dear Murray ... my dear sweet Georges has one already ... along with a few others.

"Gordie Howe hat tricks are far from the most common of hockey occurrences. Record keeping of the feat (a goal, an assist and a fight in the same game) is spotty; the San Jose Sharks are the only NHL team that bothers to list the franchise’s Gordie Howe hatters in their media guide. In the Sharks’ 14-year history, the team has had 21 hat tricks and just eight Gordie Howe Hat tricks.

There has been a minor outbreak of them recently, however. Anaheim's Shane O'Brien, Ottawa's Patrick Eaves and Phoenix's Georges Laraque each had a Gordie Howe hat trick in the season's first month. O'Brien, the irascible defenseman who was so impressive with the Portland Pirates during last spring's Calder Cup playoffs, has the neatest "trick" of the bunch. One-third of his Gordie Howe hat trick was also his first (and thus far only) NHL goal.

From the Washington Capitals News

Cool, huh!

'Shell
'Shell

You are the Queen of hockey trivia!!!

Tell me....did Gretzky ever have a Gordie Howe hat trick? (I'd bet that he didn't but I could be wrong)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

So I am on my vacation in Everett, WA and LOVING IT! Getting ready for the game tonght and I found out we don't have box seats, we have a suite! Sweet! Looks like my friend's grandpa is actually the president of the place. Man, it's nice to have friends in low places!

Of course, it was also great when I woke up this morning and jumped into bed with him and his boyfriend and got to say "Hey, I'm in bed with two men!" Of course, neither one of them is interested in me, but it still might be a beer-worthy first! :ph34r:
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

So I am on my vacation in Everett, WA and LOVING IT! Getting ready for the game tonght and I found out we don't have box seats, we have a suite! Sweet! Looks like my friend's grandpa is actually the president of the place. Man, it's nice to have friends in low places!

ENJOY! You're gonna love it!

Of course, it was also great when I woke up this morning and jumped into bed with him and his boyfriend and got to say "Hey, I'm in bed with two men!" Of course, neither one of them is interested in me, but it still might be a beer-worthy first! :ph34r:

I think you'll have more fun at the game.

;);)

'Shell
'Shell

You're right Shell, the game was great! We won. No big fights (unfortunately - never thought I would say that!), but we had a great time and I am ready to go again!

Ah, we have a convert! Glad you had a good time.

Are there hockey teams in Texas?

Well there's this little team here you might have heard of ....

'Shell
'Shell

Hey there PuckHead....... gettin cold up there yet????;)

Hey girl! Cold up here? What would make you say that?

No, it hasn't been that cold yet. Yes we have snow but it's going to be above freezing all this weekend. And sunny. You know what the sun is, don't you??? That bright orb in the sky ...

;);)

'Shell
'Shell

Well there's this little team here you might have heard of ....

'Shell

Uh, I guess part of why I never went to a hockey game before is that - no, I hadn't heard of them [:/] BUT, now that I'm in the know... I see a road trip in my future!
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Glad you enjoyed the game! Your question about teams in Texas got me doing a little search...found some teams in Texas but I also found one of the best sports teams names ever. This is a now defunct Central Hockey League team...the Macon Whoopee!:D:D:D.

There are teams in most of the larger centers...college, AHL/CHL and of course NHL in Dallas as 'Shell has pointed out.
--
Murray

Glad you enjoyed the game! Your question about teams in Texas got me doing a little search...found some teams in Texas but I also found one of the best sports teams names ever. This is a now defunct Central Hockey League team...the Macon Whoopee!:D:D:D.

There are teams in most of the larger centers...college, AHL/CHL and of course NHL in Dallas as 'Shell has pointed out.

OK, I'm really curious now. What is Macon known for? The home of the Whoopee Cushion Factory?? :D:D

What was the team logo?

Oilers 2, Detroit 1. Nice fucking save Roli!!!:)

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

OK, I'm really curious now. What is Macon known for? The home of the Whoopee Cushion Factory?? :D:D

Macon must have been known for makin' bacon;)
--
Murray