Shell666

Hockey anyone!

Oil and Nashville to come later this evening.....will 'Shell be happy or sad at the end of the game?

40 minutes to game time.

Guess about 60 minutes worth of ice time will tell ...

'Shell

:)

Score, please? (I've been out of town. I can't believe I missed this thread.) We should at least be to the end of the first period, right?
TPM Sister #102

Oil and Nashville to come later this evening.....will 'Shell be happy or sad at the end of the game?

40 minutes to game time.

Guess about 60 minutes worth of ice time will tell ...

'Shell

:)

Score, please? (I've been out of town. I can't believe I missed this thread.) We should at least be to the end of the first period, right?

Game starts in about 7 minutes ... it's 753pm here (MST) ... time stamp on DZ dot com is, I believe, 653pm ...

I'll keep you posted!

'Shell
'Shell

Canes are up 5-2 with 36 seconds left. The fat lady is warming up . . . B|

Cam Ward had a pretty awesome night in goal for the 'Canes...40 saves on 42 shots...he was a busy goaltender!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

It's OK, shell. I've not been watching the Oiler games and they have the streak going. Maybe your Dad is watching?? You know that's bad luck. :P

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

And...Malkin goes for the history books later tonight when the Pens play the Kings....will he score a goal tonight and tie a record set in 1917? (He would become only the second player to score a goal in each of his first 6 games)

Malkin must be something to see...5 goals and 4 assists +7 in 5 games!! Wow! Crosby, Malkin and Jordan Staal...the Pens are loaded with fine young talent.

edited to add: Malkin has done it at 8:29 of the first period.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

And...Malkin goes for the history books later tonight when the Pens play the Kings....will he score a goal tonight and tie a record set in 1917? (He would become only the second player to score a goal in each of his first 6 games)

Malkin must be something to see...5 goals and 4 assists +7 in 5 games!! Wow! Crosby, Malkin and Jordan Staal...the Pens are loaded with fine young talent.

WooooHOOOOOO!!!!!! Good for him! I love seeing the Pens having a good season so far. This is just a nice cherry on top. Pittsburgh is long overdue for something to REALLY celebrate.

Well, okay, it's early in the season and they only have, what, 12 points?, but almost ANYTHING that's not at the bottom of their division is a good season.
TPM Sister #102

WooooHOOOOOO!!!!!! Good for him! I love seeing the Pens having a good season so far. This is just a nice cherry on top. Pittsburgh is long overdue for something to REALLY celebrate.

Well, okay, it's early in the season and they only have, what, 12 points?, but almost ANYTHING that's not at the bottom of their division is a good season.

true, but they've still lost to the sabres 3 times ;)

no, i'm kidding, they are a strong team, and definitely have some potential for a good hockey season! How you mention Pittsburgh is long overdue to celebrate, that's how i feel about Buffalo!!!!! :)

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

In the last couple of years, I felt like it would have been kinder to have the Pens playing college teams. It was just ugly. I love those guys, but still . . . there's no way around it. They SUCKED. I still get excited every time I see them win a game!
TPM Sister #102

In the last couple of years, I felt like it would have been kinder to have the Pens playing college teams. It was just ugly. I love those guys, but still . . . there's no way around it. They SUCKED. I still get excited every time I see them win a game!

last time i saw the Pens play in person was during the playoff series of 2000 (or was it '99?) when they beat the sabres 3 times in buffalo (and yes i was at all 3 of those games). It's been guarenteed that the sabres will lose if I go to their games... but i was not at the thrashers/sabres game :S they did that one on their own.

CReW Skies,
bubbles

last time i saw the Pens play in person was during the playoff series of 2000 (or was it '99?) when they beat the sabres 3 times in buffalo (and yes i was at all 3 of those games). It's been guarenteed that the sabres will lose if I go to their games... but i was not at the thrashers/sabres game :S they did that one on their own.

Hmmm, the last time I saw them play was in Montreal, fighting for a last playoff spot. Didn't happen. They used to make it to Denver, but with the scheduling changes in the last few years, it's rare that they grace our arena. I actually prefer the Eastern Conference teams, so all of this playing within our own division really is disappointing.
TPM Sister #102

The Sabres win again... in a shootout over Boston!

HELL'S YA!!!! My Boys are rockin this year!!!

CReW Skies,
bubbles

And anther Wild win! :)
Do I foresee a Sabres/Wild cup series?

It's a LONG season and anything can happen, let's not get too cocky here...

....although the sabres are going to win the cup!!! It's in their future!!!!! :D :ph34r: :) :P ;) B|

CReW Skies,
bubbles

'Shell,

The Oil..... No shots on goal in the first period! What up?

Detroit starting to get rolling after a slow start...7 straight wins now. As usual, they look like a force to be reckoned with...I thought they were going to have a bad season after their bad start....looks like I was wrong.

Atlanta wins again over the Senators!
--
Murray

Scary, isn't it?

Slava Kozlov's hat trick was a nice touch. And a game-winning goal, too, I heard.

*sigh*
I love hockey. So much better than office politics.
Why don't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doing here?

I have a phobia for moobs. Thanks, youknowwhoyouare.

At least Georgia is starting to notice that they have a hockey team! I lived down there right when the Thrashers first started playing and nobody seemed quite to know what to do with the sport. And you have Hartley, too--I miss him!
TPM Sister #102