fallingfaster

Best Reserve Pilot Chute?

I've always enjoyed reading packing manuals, one of the things that struck me about modern rigs is the differences in their reserve pilot chutes. From RW's meshless to Wings' weird looking bubble, why are there so many differences? Are some better at terminal and some better at subterminal? Is there any data available on the internet regarding reserve pilot chute design? I find the subject very interesting, from a casual non-rigger skydiver's perspective. Thanks

The key word on a harness/container system is system. They are designed and tested as a system and the PC is a component part of that system. The best PC is the one that comes with a harness/container system. Mixing and matching is not a good idea.

Reading packing manuals can be boring as shit but it is a good way to learn about gear. Good for you.:)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Wasn't planning on mixing or matching, I was more curious why they are the way they are. I had seen those other two posts before, my question should have been phrased as more like, "Why are the PCs different, rather than which is best"

I'm interested in the data from testing (though I know manufactures guard their data), time from PC launch to inflation, amount of drag required, etc. I bought and am eating up Pointers manual. I suppose I'm going to have to get my riggers ticket some day, if for the sole purpose of learning more about my gear. . .

Thanks

I bought and am eating up Pointers manual. I suppose I'm going to have to get my riggers ticket some day, if for the sole purpose of learning more about my gear. .

If more people would take an interest in their gear I am sure there would be far fewer gear related incidents. PPM is a good place to start.

Check you PM's
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals