spiccoli

reserve size and vector 3 chart

thanks mjo, im working on it. so to get back on track for any willing to help, what is the best way to approach the delima of safety and long term use of a container? considering im on 190 now, what is the best all around choice for the long haul?generaly speaking, if im jumping about every weekend, what will i be ready for when my gear gets ready? its been suggested to get a 350 which is built for 190 but could fit 170, or get a lower pack vol./higher square ft. like the raven that could fit in 348. im sure many of you went through the same delimma, so what did you do and how did it work out for you? would you do anything different?

I gave you my opinion very early in this tread. But I sure that is not what you want to hear.

"What’s your rush to go small?

For your weight and experience level PD recommends a Sabre2 210 and 218 reserve. Knock of one size because they are so conservative and you have a Sabre2 190 and 193 reserve. "

It will take you 200 to 300 jumps to get even close to flying a Sabre2 190 anywhere near its potential. A 190 can kill you just as dead as a 120 but if you are careful it will be much more forgiving of the mistakes that you will make. And you will make mistakes.

If in the next 300 to 500 jumps you continue to downsize every 75 to 100 or so jumps you will cheating yourself. You will not spend enough time on any one canopy to learn even the basics well. With each step down you will almost be back at square one. (that would be a good name for a gear store) Only a part of what you learn on a 170 can be carried over to a 150 and so on. Parachutes do not scale. When they get smaller they fly different, their lines get shorter and your chance of getting killed or injured go way up.

As I said before, this is just my opinion so go with what you think you can handle. I have always said that pain is a good teacher. But to learn the lesson it doesn’t have to be your pain.

Like Mick, I am done here.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

'we (old timers) are trying to tell you To LISTEN TO HISTORY'

this history is exactly what us up and commers need and want to hear which will have much more impact and significance than just the scoldings which is all seemed to get out of this with the exception of brabzz and eccl which generously provided thier experience to open up alternate routes. mick and mjo,i am not set on anything.i ALWAYS will be open and coherent to any constructive advice you and any other experienced jumper has to offer.if you must be on your way, thanks for stopping by.i will continue to be here asking questions.
we need to talk about your flare..

It will take you 200 to 300 jumps to get even close to flying a Sabre2 190 anywhere near its potential. A 190 can kill you just as dead as a 120 but if you are careful it will be much more forgiving of the mistakes that you will make. And you will make mistakes.

If in the next 300 to 500 jumps you continue to downsize every 75 to 100 or so jumps you will cheating yourself. You will not spend enough time on any one canopy to learn even the basics well. With each step down you will almost be back at square one. (that would be a good name for a gear store) Only a part of what you learn on a 170 can be carried over to a 150 and so on. Parachutes do not scale. When they get smaller they fly different, their lines get shorter and your chance of getting killed or injured go way up.

haha. you see, that wasnt so hard was it? a good, thorough explanation that one can benifit from.the charts i have seen are simply charts with no explanation. this was the sort of start i was hoping to get off to. i know your on your way, but same i said with mick, im open to anything else of this sort, or experiences of same mistakes, because you see, without high and sight how would i know it would be a mistake? if people could always see mistakes comming, there wouldnt be many, right? take care.
we need to talk about your flare..

Last year ordered a Vector 3 M-Series w/ Skyhook. I had already picked the canopies that I wanted; Samurai 170 and PD 176R. I then called Relative Workshop (United Parachute Technolgies) and asked them what size Rig I need for my canopies. They told me a V350, so that's what I got.

That is the route you should take also.