Kid_Icarus

Boulder ,CO what's cool to do?

The Dark Horse, The Sink,

Amazing that those joints are still open!
I used to hang out there in the early 70's I remember when Dark Horse opened, had mini drinks for 79cents

marc

Yup, the Dark Horse is my normal Tuesday Night hangout. I think some of the people who are regulars there were probably regulars at the same time you were there.

As for the Rio, yeah they've got some potent marg's but I've never cared too much for the food. If you want potent drinks, check out Half Fast Subs on the hill, their drinks are just about as potent and about half as expensive. If you want a good marg, go see Jay Epstein at Mamacitas. B|

what about the Zolo Grill??

Honestly, I had to google it to figure out what it was. I've never been there, looks like it is in the safeway strip mall at 28th and Arapahoe. A few good restraunts I'd reccomend are The Med (get there for Tapas Hour for cheap food and drinks), Pasta Jays, Cafe Gondolier, Juanitas, or most of the aforementioned bars (Dark Horse and The Sink in particular)

Oh yeah, I forgot one other thing. Go to the Mountain Sun brewpub on Pearl Street. They brew a lot of good beer there and it is a rather unique environment. Basically the Mountain Sun is what happens when a bunch of hippies start a brewery.