BillyVance

Did you ever?

Sing along in church, but didn't know the words, so you just went "da da daaaa"?

Yup, I did it. 5th grade, in the Grace Lutheran church service that all students were required to attend on Wednesday mornings. My friend elbowed me and all I did was look at him with a quizzical look and shrugged.

I guess he didn't want me to get an ass-whooping from the principal or something....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I haven't but my uncle did when he was around the age of 7. They were singing a church hymn (don't know which one) on the radio and he didn't know the words. Instead of hang out in the back he decided to sing something he knew. I wish I could have seen the looks on peoples faces when they heard "do do do looking out my back door" coming out of their radio louder than any of the kids singing the right song. B|

I'm the twist that turns your key....

Sing along in church, but didn't know the words, so you just went "da da daaaa"?

Yup, I did it. 5th grade, in the Grace Lutheran church service that all students were required to attend on Wednesday mornings. My friend elbowed me and all I did was look at him with a quizzical look and shrugged.

I guess he didn't want me to get an ass-whooping from the principal or something....

Today's music, regardless of the genre, is being churned out by generic songwriters with little serious musical training, who are not writing from the heart, and it shows.
Songs like Amazing Grace and The Old Rugged Cross are few and far between, so humming along shouldn't be a big deal.[End of Rant]

Well yeah... although I admit that the only song I liked singing to and knew the words, was "Christain Soldiers, marching on to war, with the cross of Jesus before them..."

The rest of them were just blah... :P

Edited to add: Now THERE's a good song for our good soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan to pump out at full blast and drive the terrorists nuts... :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban