hyper172

Anyone know about the Icarus Beta?

I made my first ~250 jumps on a Beta 160 after getting my A. I found it to be a great reliable canopy. Good openings and flew well. It was an older worn in canopy so I figure they age well as well

anything else?
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

It is an old design, i have jumped one once and it was greay my parner had one for a thousand jumps or so good canopy, there are\were Beta tandem canopies too.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Yep ive got a 145 beta, beautiful square canopy. Maybe old tech. but i prefer it over the safire, i felt it was more responsive and had a better flare. Easy to to pack, takes bout 300ft to open, have only had one poor opening on it, (out of 300), probably due to poor body postion. Also seems to have a better glide than the safire. Good safe canopy!B|

Ive done about 400 jumps on an Icarus 145 Beta.

Around the traps it is nicknamed the "Splitaraus."
I knew this even before I split the bottom skin on a hard opening.

It took me dozens of jumps to work out how to pack a soft on heading opening, but once I had it sussed I learned to love my Icarus.
Pandemonium on Youtube