smiles

Zappa plays Zappa

Now there's some Zappa I can remember.....I grew up on Freak Out , Absolutely Free and We're Only In It for the Money. I haven't heard them in years...my copies are on vinyl...and I wonder how they have aged.

OMG! What I would give for a cd of those albums!
Name your price!

You can be absolutely free
Only if you want to be.

Oh..I screwed up. It's:

Suzy Creamcheese, what's got into 'ya?

Well, check this out....

Boxed set of Freak Out, Absolutely Free and We're Only in it for the Money.....Zappa's first 3 albums. $30.99 at Amazon Canada. I imagine it is available in the US at a similar price.

I just ordered it...ya see what you have all started!!B|
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

My first FZ show was in Los Angeles in 1977. They did several unfamiliar tunes from the Sheik Yerbouti album which would be released nearly a year & a half later, including "Flakes" and "Broken Hearts are for Assholes." On "Flakes" they had a Bob Dylan look-alike come out and sing & "play" a harmonica between lines. Funny stuff.

Back in 2001 I performed every week at an open mike event near my home. One classic song set included I Saw Her Standing There, Send In the Clowns, Via Dolorosa (it was the week prior to Easter,) and Let's Make the Water Turn Black from "We're Only In It For the Money." The crowd was mostly college age young people. Their reaction was priceless. B|

Cheers,
Jon

What is this Zappa you speak of?

Oh god, please tell me you're kidding.
If you're not, I'm officially "old."

FWIW, my first music instructors was William Fowler, father of the horns in Mothers of Invention. After they were no longer playing with Frank, I was privileged enough to play with Tom, Walt, and Bruce.
Later, I was privileged enough to master Ike Willis' "Shoulda Gone Before I Left" CD (Ike was Frank's lead vocalist for a while, and he can sound exactly like FZ when he wants to). Ike is still playing in Oregon, Fowler Brothers still play occasionally in Utah, Frank Lives!

If they say you're "the cutest boy in town" you'd better run.;)