GQ_jumper

Tito Ortiz goes bye bye

I just caught word that Tito will be fighting Lyoto Machida at UFC 85, this fight will end his committment to the UFC and he has stated that contract negotiations have not gone well and he will consider other options and promotions.

About his final match though, this is going to be an interesting fight, Lyoto has an incredible counter striking game and at the same time is well versed on the ground. But Tito is the master of ground and pound so I'm curious to see how it plays out. Machida is a huge up and comer in teh division and I'm sure just like Jardine and Griffin he is going to step up his game to make a name for himself as a contender in the 205 division.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yes he is, and right about the time he started dating her is about when he stopped having the same fire. He was on a 5 fight winning streak at the beginning of their relationship and he's gone 0-1-1 since and doesn't even act like he's anxious to get back in the octagon. That woman is sucking the life out of him. Get rid of Jenna!!

Besides, Lucy Thai is so much hotter, I'd definitely take her home to my parents.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Is he the guy who's currently fucking Jenna Jameson?

Doing that must be like throwing a hotdog down a hallway...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though... you'd want to dip your hotdog in a bucket of bleach after being down that damp corridor!!!!

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Tito and Fedor? No, they haven't fought. Tito's been in the UFC his whole career, and Fedor's never fought in the UFC. But if Tito left, he'd be free to, just like Randy. And I would just love to see Tito get his face smashed in by Fedor. :D

Yea. I was thinking Belfort when I read your first reply.
My photos

My Videos

Tito and Vitor are also in different classes, Tito more than likely will never step up to the heavy weights. One of the biggest things he prides himself on is his ability to overpower anyone in the light heavy division. He cuts from 225-235 down to 205 in camp so he has a lot of power over anyone. Stepping up would take that away from him. Although with how slow most Heavy weights are it might make shooting for those big double legs a lot easier.

On a side note, this is the 2nd top tier fighter that has walked away from the UFC in the last few months. Randy walked away due to issues with the promotion and now Tito is saying the negotiations for a new contract just aren't working out. These are two of the biggest names int the sport. The UFC is responsible for alienating the most beloved fighter in the world of MMA and has now shunned away their biggest ticket seller. Ortiz holds the records for the biggest PPV buyouts of any UFC and they ave pushed him away. Dana White needs to lose his job and someone who gives a shit about the people that fight for them needs to be broguht in. Look at the payouts for people like Matt Hughes and GSP, and Anderson Silva, for the amount of popularity they have they get chicken scratch. The UFC makes millions on every PPV and I guarantee they pocket stupid amounts of it instead of pumping it back to the fighters and people that work behind the scenes. They are greedy and it's going to be the end of them.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

and now Tito is saying the negotiations for a new contract just aren't working out. These are two of the biggest names int the sport..

True but you already Knew Tito and Dana didnt get along. they've got their poster child Forrest coming up to take the reins.

Remember Tito V Dana in the boxing match?
I think that was Tito's way of embarrassing Dana. he did a great job of it.

I didnt think Tito would get a great offer to come back.

As far a randy goes, He's an old fart who got lucky.

Ok, I'm totally kidding. But he has other avenues that he wanted to go and I wonder if that didnt make him a little more sure of himself at the table.

I figured at a very bare minimum the UFC would have another permenant guest announcer in Randy.

ALSO, Maybe he's chasing Fedor. Since the UFC couldn't get Him, Maybe Randy will go to Fedor.
My photos

My Videos

That woman is sucking the life out of him. Get rid of Jenna!!

And this is a bad thing?:S

Walt

I've heard of it being a bad thing in motorcycle racing. Some racers will abstain for 2-3 nights before a race so their aggressiveness on the track doesn't suffer.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

The thing with Tito and Dana is despite the fact that they hate each other, Dana has always said that he can still do buisiness with Tito regardless.

And Randy only did the guest announcer shindig to get himself more comfortable in front of the camera, he made that clear in an interview, being an announcer wasn't a goal of his.

And the UFC refusing to find a middle ground with another promotion to get the Fedor fight was one of the big reasons Randy left, that along with the fact that the UFC is always talking him down. They really do treat him like shit for being the best ambassador this sport could ever have, this is a guy who has the class to go on a talk show and sit down next to his future opponent 5 days before a title defense and have a decent conversation with the guy he's about to fight. How do you treat a champion of that caliber the way the UFC treats him? Dana White and the Fertita brothers did great things for this sport once upon a time, but it has become a much bigger animal and all they are doing is riding it for money, and the fighers are paying the price.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Which fight did Randy do a talk show for?

who was the opponent? Yes, it definitely one of the coolest things about the UFC is that the fighters are porfessionals. MOST OF THE TIME its not personal.

But sometimes its good to see the drama play out, too.

I definitely agree that Randy is THE man when it comes to bad ass mother fuckers who break the mold of what everyone expects of someone his age. Shit, He pushes people who are half his age to try harder to beat him and still beats them.

I also agree that the UFC should have gone as far as to blow fedor in order to get him in the UFC and then they should have doubled Randy's purse for every fight he even thinks about.

But I wonder how much money was offered and how much was expected.

I am still anxiously awaiting season4 of TUF with Griffen and Rampage. Hoepfully, the fighters are all treated as fighters and no high school rivalry gets in the way of good competition this season.

I don't expect rampage to get all dramtic and if Forrest can keep his head on straight it should be a good season with GREAT coaches.
My photos

My Videos

The term 'LOL' does not do justice to how much I just laughed out loud!

That.Was.Funny. 10/10

FYI- I plan on stealing that joke as my own and using it every chance I get.
Life is good

That.Was.Funny. 10/10

'Twas not mine. I stole it from none other than Stewie Griffin.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

That.Was.Funny. 10/10

I wouldnt get to over zealous with the claim. It's been used for years to describe that scenario.
My photos

My Videos

I also agree that the UFC should have gone as far as to blow fedor in order to get him in the UFC and then they should have doubled Randy's purse for every fight he even thinks about.

But I wonder how much money was offered and how much was expected.

I don't know about Randy, but as I understand it, Fedor's case wasn't about money. Fedor wants to be able to compete wherever he wants, including M-1 and various sambo tournaments, but the UFC has exclusive contracts and won't let any of its fighters fight anywhere else.