wayne8577

Z-Po 190

Ok folks, who can tell me about a 190 Z-PO for a 150# exit wt. student. Flying do's and don'ts, stalls etc. Thanks

I was a 150 lbs exit weight student at one time (or still am, ;)). A 190 would've scared me for my first few jumps... But the 288 manta was too big (WL 0.45). In retrospect I'd have liked a 230 as a first canopy, which wasn't available at the time for pople without an A but we have a few now. I jumped a few student 230's (zp exe, icarus student canopy) later on for fun and for testing, and they were actually plenty fast compared to the 288 manta/280 skymasters.

All our student canopies have longer steering lines so stalls without taking wraps are impossible. As it should be, IMO, for students.

I think a 190 is small to start off with, 150 lbs isn't THAT light.
After a few good landings, sure.
But I'm no instructor.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Hey Andy, It's not easy being a 12 sandwitch eating SOB! Yea, I was asking for my younger boy, Brett! Hey, thanks again for all your help today! I really enjoyed the jump with you, and your advice! See you tomorrow! Bigbug Dublin here we come!B|
Here's to Old Farts in the Wind!