tysonsugihara

My Protrack will not keep the current date???

Hmmm... Only thing that caused my protrack to not keep the date was when it was in Economy Mode and turned itself off.. When it did that it seemed to freeze the time until I turned it back on again, .. Never had any problems after I changed it to always being on... (I dont remember, but that is the AUTO you refer to right?)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

I don't have a Protrack, but: when any kind of computer starts losing its clock, the battery is the first place
to look. If you just bought the Protrack new, get warranty help. If not, try another set of batteries from a
different store. It is possible to go to the store and buy brand-new batteries in the factory sealed package
that are perfectly dead. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. If you really don't want to spend the
money on new batteries to see if that fixes it, find a friendly local geek with a digital voltmeter to check the
batteries you have. If you can find a clueful Radio Shack clerk, he or she may be able to help. (Note that
your odds of finding a clueful Radio Shack clerk are about the same as the odds of finding a commercial
pilot that'll let you jump out of his Boeing at 30K halfway between Denver and Seattle on a scheduled
flight.) Or, temporarily swap batteries with someone else at your DZ to see if the problem follows the
batteries or stays with the Protrack.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.