RALFFERS

Forensic Science

Does anyone on here work in the field of forensic science?

I am wanting to find out what courses/majors to take in college to get in to this field - no matter if its Undergrad or if I have to earn my Masters (probably the more likely scenario).

I'm thinking I'd want to specialize in DNA; if not that than a firearms examiner. As long as I'd get to be a lab analyst I'm happy.

Logic tells me that in order to specialize in something like this I have to take a lot of biology & chemistry, but that seems too broad to me; what are the specifics in these majors that will help ensure I can get into a carer involving forensics? How much schooling am I looking at?

I've been thinking about going back to college for the last year & really couldn't pinpoint what I wanted to do. Ideally, my personality type requires that I remain active, but because of the crutches thing there's a lot of work out there that I can't do; despite that though I can't just sit behind a desk & push paper all day long. I'm turning 28 soon, and so if I were to push paper for the next 40 years 3 things would happen [in this order] I'd hate my job & would get bored easily, I wouldn't be good at my job, & as a result, because of the former I'd eventually would eat a bullet. I mean that quite seriously. I can't tolerate my mind being idle.

Yeah, working in a lab isn't the most exciting thing in the world, but at least [I'm not only] stuck behind a desk pushing paper; my mind would be busy.

And before I get laughed at/flamed - no, I don't have an interest in this because of CSI & similar shows. I've had an interest & the science that goes behind it for as long as I can remember. As a matter of fact, criminal profiling is also something that interests me very much.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of