cynci

Old and Frumpy Jumpsuit Donations? **

I recently started a Skydiving club at my school and have found getting funding is very hard. I talked to a couple other clubs around campus and found that they ask for donations. I don't know if I am in the right place but I thought I would give it a try:

To anyone who has a spare or old jump suit laying around and would like to donate it to the young ling newbies out there in poor college town please PM me or write back.

I am starting with the basics and hopefully if they (the university) sees us pulling together and getting people interested they might spring for some rigs! I know I know... wishful thinking. But I can hope.

I have already planned some seminars and demonstrations, I just hope I can rope some poor college students into AFF and the joy of falling through the air at 120+ mph. ;)

Thanks...
Cynthia
President (and founding member ;)) of SkydiveFAU

Hi cynci. I help run the Madcity Skydivers, the club from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I would not hold your breath waiting for the administration to green light funding. We do not get any of our funding from the university, and are totally self-reliant. The key is to partner up with a dz and get a good deal. If you save people $50 or so, you can then charge them $10 or $20 as club fees. Madcity uses that money for gas, food, and beer, and we've never had any complaints.;)

If you'd like some ideas for getting people interested/involved, PM me.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Ya, I am doing that. And we are going to do a tandem raffle.

But I would like to get jumpsuits for the tandems and students to wear that I can get stitching with the schools name on. The school will pay for the stitching but not for brand new jumpsuits.
And I know there has to be a couple people out there with some old jumpsuits that have been sitting in the back of the closet collecting dust. So I thought I would just ask. ;)
~ Cyn
--going nowhere at lightening speed!--

It's a nice idea, but I wouldn't bother with jumpsuits. Just use the DZ's stuff. I'd recommend against owning anything until the club is pretty well established. College clubs come and go very quickly. Not worth the hassle of keeping track of it all, keeping it clean and repaired, and havng enough sizes for everyone. Let the DZ handle that stuff. If you've got a good deal with a DZ, you can raise a lot of money for the club in a relatively short amount of time. Put all that money back into the club. Buy jackets, t-shirts, stickers, etc. Advertise the club and it'll grow. Old ugly jumpsuits seen only at the DZ do little for the club.

Dave