gmelcer

What to buy??? HELP??? THANKS

Hi, I'm brand new to skydiving and dropzone.com. I recently did my second tandem jump and have decided to go for my skydiving license. While right now my main goal is not getting my own gear I am looking into it. Anything, anybody could tell me would be much appreciated. Something's I would be particularly interested in would be names of companies and models of certain gear made by these companies that have performed well and they would recommend. I am not sure if it would be needed in determining what type of gear is right for me but i am 18, male, 5'11" and about 135 pounds.

First I'd worry about getting your license. After say 25 jumps (or more) you and your instructors will have at least an idea about what you'll feel comfortable jumping and what you'll be allowed to jump. And maybe what discipline you're most interested in. So there's no point in looking for a rig yet.

As soon as you have an idea what you want, there are a lot of threads here that are about main canopies and stuff. But for now, just go jump, you'll jump the student gear at your chosen dropzone anyway.

Some other stuff you CAN buy quickly are goggles, altimeter, gloves, maybe a helmet or a suit. Ask your instructor about this.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

The only gear you should be looking at is what you already own.........SELL IT ALL and pay for AFF. There is no point at all looking for gear until after you have a license, there is no point looking into it either until your instructors tell you what you need. love the enthusiasm but one step at a time and all your questions will be answered at the right time.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store