npgraphicdesign

Skis on an airplane.

No, this isn't the name of another horrible movie with Samuel L. Jackson. :D:ph34r:

I have a pair of ski blades (short skis) that I've brought in the cabin several times with no problems. But this time around, I'm taking ski poles with me as well. I'm afraid I may have to check them and the skis.

For those of you that have checked skis before, do you just wrap/tape them and the poles together and put a label on it, or do you use a ski bag for all your skiing equipment? I hate to have to get a full size ski bag for ski blades that are half the size of regular skis. [:/]:|

I would definitely put them in a bag...of some sort...if you want them back in good shape. The airlines won't take care of them the way you'd want them to.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I don't know if the poles will help but I think the skis will really slow down the exit.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Buy a cheap ski bag and ck them. They will be fine as long as they dont get lost...:P

hahaha :P

I have cked my snowboard gear bag several times and nothing has ever happened. you will be good to go.;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Buy a cheap ski bag and ck them. They will be fine as long as they dont get lost...:P

hahaha :P

I have cked my snowboard gear bag several times and nothing has ever happened. you will be good to go.;)
That's cause nobody cares about snowboards. :)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I ski, with regular skis, and poles. We've traveled by air lots of times with our skis. Put them in a decent ski bag, and check them in. To state the obvious, they'll be fine, unless they're stolen and damaged. To guard against that, we list them on our homeowner's insurance policy. No problems so far, but it could always happen.

The point: the key is not method; it's insurance.