LongWayToFall

OshKosh, a cool video clip

Never did Sturgis, I ride a sportbike.

However it would be fun, although the full throttle and a few other places are pretty much full of posers.

I have many friends who have attended and it would be akin to a huge boogie full of Wuffo's although they are all wearing rigs.

I can usually pick them out wherever I go, everything on he bike is spotless, tires have nibs on them, all new leathers, HD socks and underwear too.

Credit card bikers!

Kinda screws it up for the real bikers, well at least the posers bring their women...it's not like they have to leave with the posers.:D:D:D

Never did Sturgis, I ride a sportbike.

However it would be fun, although the full throttle and a few other places are pretty much full of posers.

I have many friends who have attended and it would be akin to a huge boogie full of Wuffo's although they are all wearing rigs.

I can usually pick them out wherever I go, everything on he bike is spotless, tires have nibs on them, all new leathers, HD socks and underwear too.

Credit card bikers!

Kinda screws it up for the real bikers, well at least the posers bring their women...it's not like they have to leave with the posers.:D:D:D

I rode my BSA to Sturgis once, i was told to 'leave the bugs on it' ! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Yah, I know...that week is always hotter than hell & crazy. Brad & I 'managed' the DZ while the DZO's were at the Air Show. We'd get caught up w/ tandems, & C licensed jumpers, busy setting up the DZ for the Party on the last day...then you all from the Liberty Team came back to the hangar for a bit of r&r...til time to head to the bar for eating, drinking & merry making ! What a good time & miss them & you all. I had a blast with Faith !!!

Rev. Jim's a real character, but that Racer of his is a real charm to pack ! The last time I saw him was when he came out to pick up his rig after Brad's sacrilegious issues repacking his reserve...the coil spring pilot cover had a cross emblem on it...& it kept popping out as Brad was just getting ready to close it...multiple times he'd get the fabric & recoil all set & it'd pop out.. with every vocal condemnation freely flowing. I didn't feel right watching him while cursing the 'cross' of a holy man's rig & walked out of the hangar ! He despises Racer reserve's repacks...the mains aren't much better [:/]

Sturgis isn't just for Harleys, though that's what I have & rode from WI. to Sturgis in '97 ( the 57th Annual). There are weekend warriors in every activity! You can tell those that trailered out & stay in hotels, to those that ride & camp by the racoon tanned faces, & grung on bike & body. I had a ride from hell when we rode up the Black Hills to Rushmore. It was 100+ in Sturgis when we left. I was wearing just a bikini top, cut offs & my biker boots, never thinking to put my leathers in the saddlebags. We got caught in a sleet/ snow storm for 4 hours....shivering so bad I could hardly keep her upright ! We had to stop in Deadwood at a laundromat & took turns stripping down in their utility room, to dry our clothes before heading back to Sturgis...:S We stayed at Glenco ( just down from Buffalo Chip) campgrounds. Most campers there, were totally nude all week long & a nightly show on the passage out of the campground called: " Titty Ally"...no female could pass thru w/ out flashing :$
It's an excellent time, but an exhausting ride back home ! Picking bugs out teeth, ears, nose & bike for days! I've been riding 15 years, put it down twice to avoid being taken down by 'idiots on the road, put 7000 miles on the year before I got into Skydiving as a profession & sport. I signed over & share ownership w/ Brad 2 years ago, but don't get much riding time in anymore due to hectic jump season !
This next season she's being revamped & I'm going to a Dyna Wide & Brad's going FLSH/FLX bagger or Road King !

** Evidently, they have a DZ there during Bike Week & looking for TI's & Packers...we thought about checking it out. Work a few days..ride & play the rest !