Squeak

Virtual Drives on netbooks

Hey techy folks, I have a netbook which does not have a CD/DVD drive.
I'm trying to run the language files for Rosetta Stone Language, but the program looks for a CD/DVD drive, I tried placing all the files on a Flash drive, but it is not recognised by the program.
I tried Daemon Tools virtual drive but it only looks for Disc images to mount on the virtual drive not files or folders.
Any ideas how i can get the program to recognise the flash drive as a CD drive or other method to get it to work?

Thanks
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

One way around it may be to get an ISO writing program, something where you can create ISO images, and then just mount the ISO with Daemon Tools.

I know there are quite a few ISO compiling programs out there.

1. Research best program for creating ISO files (on the hard drive, not on DVD)

2. Once you have the software, create an ISO of your files you want to appear on the virtual DVD.

3. Mount that ISO image with Daemon Tools.

I think that should work.

Either do it using software like described above, or pony up for a usb dvd drive. Both ways work. Most of the time I use the software method, but while an external dvd drive might not get much use but it does come in quite handy sometimes, I found ;)

ciel bleu,
Saskia