DefyingGravity

New Student in Texas

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to post an introduction. I started AFF in July, I'm on my 15th jump now and hoping to finish my A license before the month is out.

Jumping my own pack job for the first time this weekend (hopefully).

Still having issues with a lot of bruising from my openings (though they are very stable) and my chest strap getting in the way of my vision (I am very short). The only opening that hasn't bruised so far was my first hop n pop (5500).

I enjoy swing dancing, corgis, scifi/fantasy books, and karaoke. And I always bring the beer I owe. :)

Problem with jumping student gear is that since it isn't custom to you, you will have bruising from it until you find gear that isn't designed to be a "one size fits all" approach. I had the same problems with extreme bruising and insane soreness around my shoulders...it was coming from the lift web not being custom to me per one of the coaches. When I got my own rig which fits beautifully, no more bruising :) Good luck, happy jumping and stay safe. Get that A license!

Welcome to the forums! :) That chest strap scenario sounds a little troublesome. There's no other gear for you to jump that might fit you better?

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon