spacetrance

Hi Everyone

Well this is a little overdue but here goes...

I have done one tandem and since then I have found my mind preoccupied with 'the sky' and the dream of jumping again. Growing up I surfed and loved it... Surfing to me was mostly about the rush and fun of it. I have always liked to do the 'big' things in life, going to a NASCAR race with 250,000 people, hitchhiking cross country, mountain climbing.

While in prison I made a list of things to do... Skydiving was number 1 on the list.

Then I got married and we had three kids. Since the kiddos came in the picture the conversation around skydiving was basically "You have kids now... and you are not leaving us widowed and orphaned". Then my brother was getting married and choose me as his best man. I proposed Skydiving for his bachelor thing, wife was cool with that under the condition that "I only jump once until my son is 18, then once more". I agreed because "surely it isn't that fun"...

So in hindsight, my wife knew me better than myself... and I can't wait to jump again!!

Our 4 child will be born in 3 weeks... and I'm going to jump to celebrate!
------------------------------------
Scientist and Physicist still do not understand gravity... Jumping out of an airplane is my attempt to help them in their quest to explain gravity.

Yea she is "ok" with it. Although we had some very lengthy discussions about it. I'm very dedicated as s husband and farther so as long as that doesn't change it will be all good.

And thank you for the congrats! We are excited and brave... Our oldest is 6, next is 3 , then 2 and now a new baby in a month!
------------------------------------
Scientist and Physicist still do not understand gravity... Jumping out of an airplane is my attempt to help them in their quest to explain gravity.

Consider the fact that you might be raising skydivers. Did you talk about that?

Your photo shows you at Dallas. I jump there a lot.

I have always wanted to skydive but never to the point where I was driven to make it happen. Even after riding with the Golden Knights 20 years ago, I was not motivated to pull the trigger. So it is easy for me to say that I am glad that I waited for my kids to be grown.

It would be hard for me to be a casual skydiver. If you get into the sport, it is very demanding in both time and in money.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”