JakeT

Noob Outside Chicago

Hey everyone, I'm Jake. I just got into skydiving after deciding to do a tandem for my birthday in May. Now I'm entering AFF and will be doing my 1st and 2nd jumps 4th of July weekend. I jump at Chicagoland Skydiving Center and will be there for the Independence Day Boogie so maybe I'll see some of y'all around. I'll be the anxious looking noob that's worried he's going to screw up and kill himself. Haha, I suppose that's the fun of it. :P

JakeT

I'll be the anxious looking noob that's worried he's going to screw up and kill himself. Haha, I suppose that's the fun of it. :P

Well, sounds like you'll pay attention to your instructors, won't you. ;):D

Seriously, we all had a few self doubts to overcome when we started jumping. Practice hard, ask questions, and get the most out of your instruction. On the plane ride up, breath, and during your quiet time, visualize the skydive you're about to make, over and over again, going perfectly in slow mo. Don't clutter your thoughts with negatives. Just concentrate on the tasks at hand. Have fun.B|

skymama

Stay focused on jumping and not partying though. (Geez, I sound like such a mom! :ph34r:)

LOL, it's good advice. The last thing I want to do is be all hungover and have my reflexes slowed, not to mention AFF levels aren't exactly cheap and I'd prefer to avoid repeats.

JohnMitchell

Well, sounds like you'll pay attention to your instructors, won't you. ;):D

Seriously, we all had a few self doubts to overcome when we started jumping. Practice hard, ask questions, and get the most out of your instruction. On the plane ride up, breath, and during your quiet time, visualize the skydive you're about to make, over and over again, going perfectly in slow mo. Don't clutter your thoughts with negatives. Just concentrate on the tasks at hand. Have fun.B|

Thanks for all the advice John. I appreciate it. I'm going to do my best to stay calm, relax, and focus on enjoying my jump.