Sasan

My name is Sasan

Hey everyone and Blues!

I guess I just wanna greet everyone, give an intro, and say hey!:)
I just moved from Camp Lejeune to the Raleigh area, so I'm actually looking for a good dz to get started at.
I just swore into the US Airforce about half a year ago, and am working, waiting to ship out to basic, and wanting to get my AFF out of the way before I ship out!:)
I've done two tandems (Madera, CA, small 182 dropzone) and I am absolutely in love with ALL aspects of skydiving. Money has been the main issue:S>:(
Although I'm new to skydiving, I've been following this forum for ages, gaining knowledge, and learning about rigs, what type of rigs/canopies are decent, wing loading, 100 jump wonders, packing, rsl's/skyhooks, spotting, mals, and everything in between. When I'm not doing anything, I can be seen on my phone, browsing this forum. I've read everything from 30 pages of threads in the safety forum to the fatality list and the causes behind those[:/]
I guess I'm just waiting to get back into the sky, with as much knowledge as I can pick up. I'm not a tourist, should any one of you think so:P
Anyways, Blue Skies everyone!

Sasan

Welcome to the forums! :)here near the top of the page? Which dz's are close to you? I'm glad you have been able to read up on the safety aspect of the sport. A lot of people just focus on the awesomeness of the sport, and end up getting hurt early on.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thats good to know, and I'll try my absolute hardest to get to thatpoint without injury!
I definitely have the bug!
My sister just started AFF, has to finish it up in Japan, and I've convinced my younger brother to try it out:)
Thank you, and blues!

I live near 3 dropzones, the closest being an hour away.
But yeah, one thing I'm definitely taking away from reading the posts of experienced jumpers is that knowing when to sit out is a veerrry important skill! That and gear checks!^.^
I am in love with skydiving, and all aspects of the sport! Everything from rigging and the evolution of gear to being intrigued by malfunctions and their causes and how to prevent them. I've been reading the SIM lately, and trying to get as much knowledge on the gear I will be using as I can!
I've only done a couple of tandems, but I am absolutely in love with this sport!
Thank you , and blues!