JFish

New to skydiving

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this whole skydiving thing (haven't jumped yet but planning on doing a first jump course in the next few weeks). I can't wait to start jumping and look forward to getting to know all of you on the forums!

I did my first jump course today, and the jump was amazing! I've never experienced an adrenaline rush like that in my life and I can't wait to do it again! If an IAD from 3500 is that big of a rush I can't wait to try free falling from 10,000. My instructor told me that I arched very well and was the best in the group as far as arching went. As I continue to skydive hopefully that will help with my progression.

The only downside was I somehow pulled a muscle in my right arm while exiting the plane. I'm not sure how it happened as I didn't realize that it happened until I went to do the control check and realized I couldn't fully extend the right toggle. As a result my right turns were pretty gradual and slow and I couldn't fully flare for landing. The PLF they taught me in the course came in handy, so it might have been an ugly landing but I walked away from it without injuring myself so I'm calling it a success. In hindsight I should have checked to see if I could have used the rear riser to control the canopy, my arm was OK above my head but I couldn't fully extend it downwards with any force. It might not have worked but it would have been worth a shot.

So glad to hear you did your FJC and that you liked it! Sorry to hear you got hurt. It happens sometimes. I can't even tell you how many times I wake up with a large bruise after jumping and don't even recall hitting anything. And you are right, any landing that you walk away from makes for a successful skydive!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon