vpegyed

Addicted to flying

So, I've been reading the forums and pretty much all of the information on dz.com since I made my first tandem a year ago. I've acquired a decent amount of knowledge to be able to ask pertinent questions to the much more experienced jumpers that I know. And I do realize that I have so much more to learn. I'm in no hurry, I've got the rest of my life to enjoy this sport.

I've only figured out one person that I know so far, and that's Glideangle, and he actually did my A license check out dive back in early February. I'll owe a lot of beer next time I'm at the dz, for sure.

Goals? I want to learn about every aspect of the sport: rw, crw, freeflying, wingsuiting, rigging, you name it. I've been addicted to the point that I'm pretty sure I've see every skydiving related video on youtube and elsewhere haha. I got lucky enough to get 30 minutes of tunnel time for my birthday which I promptly used last weekend at IFly Austin with Waz and Aaron.

The downside to this post, however, is that I get to have my meniscus repaired and ACL reconstruction next Friday, so I'll be out of the game for a while. Hopefully the weather is awesome this weekend and I'll get to jump.

I figured it has been a long time coming but I guess the introduction is better late than never.
My name is Vince, and I have a problem :)

Doc says I'll be out from any real activity for at least 5 weeks, but walking with a badass knee brace after about 1 week, so there's a bright side.

After my arthoscopic knee surgery I was back in the air about 6 weeks later. But take it easy at that, and if you're moving too fast across the ground, go for the ungrateful butt slide and save your knee. You can start running it out later on slower landings when the winds are just right.